Extra peace of mind
Upgrade your Howsy Fully Managed plan to include Howsy Protect and guarantee your rent each month*. Whether you’re planning for your future, securing your pension or living for today, your income is safe. You’ll also receive cover for emergency home repairs and appliance break downs. Relax, we’ve got you covered.
Pay annually and get 2 months free!**
*not applicable during void periods
What is covered?
Please see our full coverage details below.
If the renter fails to pay the rent due within 5 working days, then Howsy guarantees
to pay the rent to you*.
- We’ll pay the rent arrears whilst your tenants still occupy the property for 6 months. The first 3 months is paid at 100% of the rent, and the next 3 months is paid at 50% of the rent (or until vacant possession has been obtained, whichever happens sooner).
- You’ll receive your rent each month (up to the specified limits), even if the tenant does not pay
- We’ll handle the eviction procedures for any breach of tenancy** and cover the costs
- Legal costs up to £50,000
- Covers rents up to £3,000 per month
* Terms and conditions apply
** in respect of any material breach of the tenancy agreement by the tenant
Unexpected costs of repairing or replacing an appliance can leave a dent in your profits. Howsy are here to help by protecting two appliances of your choice (including white and brown goods) under our own group insurance policy.
- Choose & protect 2 appliances
– we will collect the appliance details from you when you join Howsy Protect
- Our group policy covers up to £750 per claim
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown or accidental damage
- All repairs will be carried out by the Whitegoods Trade Association Engineer Network – UK’s largest trade association of domestic appliance engineers
- Unlimited claims up to the value of the annual cover limit (£3000)
- Parts, labour & call out fees included
- There’s a 45 day initial exclusion period
A property emergency can strike at any time and you may not be prepared. It could be burst pipe or an infestation of wasps. Howsy will get these issues sorted as quickly as possible for you.
- Covers up to £1,000 per claim
- Boiler cover in the event your domestic boiler is declared beyond economic repair subject to insured event:
– £300 contribution if the boiler is under seven years old (sourced by supplier)
– £150 contribution if the boiler is over seven years old (sourced by supplier)
- Provides access to a nationwide skilled contractor network
- Failure of, or damage to the plumbing and drainage system, including the toilet(s) which causes internal water leakage; flooding; or water damage
- Complete failure of the primary heating system
- Complete failure of the electricity system
- Repair or replacement of any damaged section of internal gas supply pipe following a gas leak
- Where an emergency renders your property unsafe according to our approved contractors, the cost of alternative accommodation for your renters is covered
- Removal or extermination of grey squirrels; hornets; wasps; rats and mice
- Damage to the roof resulting from adverse weather conditions, or falling trees or branches
- Failure of, or damage to, external locks where you are unable to access your property, or are unable to secure it
- 30 day initial exclusion period